What do we do?
Paediatric Physiotherapists are interested in promoting physical skills in children and young people who have physical difficulties which affect normal childhood development. Paediatric Physiotherapists use techniques which contribute towards the overall development of children with physical conditions/development needs in order that they can become as independent as possible in childhood and onwards to adulthood. Our aim is to maximise physical function and independence by enhancing movement patterns.
Changes due to COVID 19
Due to the COVID 19 global pandemic the paediatric physiotherapy team have adapted the way they work in order to provide a safe service.
To achieve this we have implemented the following:
- Redesigned service delivery to fit with the Virtual First approach
- Delivering telephone consultations
- Delivering video consultations where appropriate
- Offering Face to face consultations if deemed clinically appropriate and only after following virtual approaches first.
- All face to face appointments will follow robust infection control guidelines.
The physiotherapy provision will not change in terms of provision offered but the delivery will be different.
This means that more consultations will happen via telephone and video. The service will aim to link in with education settings and multidisciplinary teams with joint video consultations and we will continue to provide written guidelines for parents and schools to follow.